Friday, April 22, 2016

Poetic Ramblings Of An Insomniac

~Regardless where I go, there I am waiting...like an inescapable shadow of which I'd like to circumsize myself away from.
So let me sleep the sleep of a thousand sleeps and dream the dream of a thousand dreams.
Homesick, for a place I've never known and exhausted with this temporal realm.
A realm of frivolous vanity and meaningless masquerading as greatness.
Where is the egress, the exit, or the backdoor?
Praying for peace but battling the ever internal war.
Pain and grief are a soldier's constant companions, they'll never leave him...not in 'this' life.
Even in a crowded room one always feels alone.
When alone one always feels over crowded.
Adorned in a civilian mantle, I feel like a farce.
All the while the heart still longs for the battle-force.
Three two seven Infantry, rendezvous with destiny.
Still singing cadences, like it was just today.
Time stands still when you go away.
Dreams-of-your-father, I'm a fish out of water.
The music has stopped but the melody still plays.
It is the song that never ends, going on and on my friend.
Do the others hear it anymore, or is it only me?
O'Hail, O'hail, O'Infantry, civilian life is killing me...

♣Hoo-ah♣
22April2016
AnDrew S.

No comments:

Post a Comment