Tuesday, July 23, 2013

'P.T.S.D'...by Andrew Soldier. 23 July 2013...Hoo-ah.

 
 
 
 
Will I ever be the same again
 
Sleepless nights and listless days
 
Like a broken record my memory it plays
 
Creaking shadows and hyper senses
 
Frustration with communication
 
Always repeating sentences
 
Engorged on misery and drunk on sorrow
 
I don't give a damn if I ever see tomorrow
 
When I crash out I see my mini-me
 
Holding hands with my little angel
 
But I waken to tears on my face
 
And my voice feels strangled
 
Weight upon my chest
 
Pain within my veins
 
A beast in the basement
 
Straining at the chains
 
Conversations with myself
 
I sing cadences for comfort
 
Can't trust myself out among a crowd
 
Hard to relax myself, because noises seem too loud
 
At times I try to calculate the sum of my worth
 
At times I ask Creator why I ever survived birth
 
Use to feel alive
 
Now all I feel is numb
 
Was once somebody
 
Now I'm just a bum
 
Will I ever be the same again
 
So alive and full of smiles
 
Can I ever feel the same again
 
Before I traveled so many miles

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. PTSD is one of those things that stays with you. That if you have no name or way of recognizing it, it becomes more powerful and you more alone. Thankfully we have brothers and sisters who have "travelled many miles" and put their lives in harms way many a time for the sake of a greater good. You're not alone, and that is what makes it all the more bearable. It's wonderful that you have found a voice in your art. - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks brother. Art is good medicine to the soul. And it's more meaningful if others can appreciate it's meaning.(Which I know you can and do.) Many things we carry with us and effect us but we must endeavor to persevere. Leonardo DaVinci said it best, "Opposition only leads me to strong resolution." Hoo-ah 4 Life!:)

    ReplyDelete